- Podcast Show Notes are a great way to tap into the power of SEO and search keywords to make sure your show and the topics you cover are accessible via search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others.
- Show notes also provide a great way for your listeners to easily locate the resources you mention in your episodes. We include those links “live” in our show notes which enables your clients to go directly to the places you are driving them to!
- We are also careful to include those same links in the ID tags of your mp3 audio (if we’re doing your production work), so that users of podcatchers are able to use them directly from their device.
- On top of that, we include the entire show notes in the “description” tag of your actual mp3 file. That means iTunes, Stitcher, Libsyn, and other podcast directories will have more to search in order to find the keywords contained in your episodes.
Our team will work to get your Podcast Show Notes formatted and optimized EXACTLY HOW YOU WANT THEM!
Show notes package
- A 500-ish word summary description of the episode, with appropriate headers. (We don’t usually count, so it’s often more!)
- A time-stamped bullet-list outline of the main topics covered in your episode.
- All resource links mentioned in your episode. That’s websites, books, resources, anything… if we can track them down, we will.
- Images (if you provide the image files).
- “Deep links” into your own website to encourage web crawlers to discover more of your content and improve your SEO.
- “Outside” links to people, places, things mentioned in your podcast. This also improves search engine estimation of your site for SEO purposes.
- 5 “Tweetables” you can include as links in your episode post using “Click to Tweet” or another application, or to schedule for your personal Twitter distribution.
- A Call to Action of your choice. Some examples: Subscribe to your podcast/blog – leave a rating or review on iTunes or other directory, whatever you want…
- Posted DIRECTLY to your website and scheduled according to your criteria.
- BONUS: 5 Social media blurbs taken from the episode that you can schedule on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or other social media networks.
Here’s an example taken from one of our client’s shows – In The Arena
Our podcast show notes package also includes 5 social media blurbs for you to schedule on social media (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn).
Each share is #hashtag rich, keyword-rich, and provides a short-link to drive more traffic directly to the episode page on your website!