I have no crystal ball – but I work with enough podcasters week in and week out to know something about the future of podcasting. I’m a smart enough guy to see the writing on the wall, so to speak – and I want you to be in the know about what I see coming.
This episode of Podcastification is a quick explanation of the near horizon of podcasting. I’m going to take back a bit to understand how podcasting has changed, then look at what’s happening around us right now (it has to do with big dollars entering the podcast-o-sphere) – and why that matters for us as Indie podcasters.
I wrap up giving you TWO big things to think about and take action around in order to ensure that the future of podcasting has a place for you.
FULL SHOW NOTES AT https://PodcastFastTrack.com/128
What you’ll hear on this episode
- [1:20] Why I am qualified to talk about the future of podcasting
- [2:04] A brief summary of the history of podcasting (and why it matters)
- [4:26] Big dollar organizations make the competition we face much harder
- [11:02] Why there will always be a market for niche podcasts
- [12:30] Why fans matter more than subscribers and growth of downloads
- [14:34] STEP ONE: What does your audience consider valuable?
- [19:23] STEP TWO: Reconsider your METHOD of podcast production
- [20:50] The practical ways you can find out what your audience thinks is valuable
- [21:20] Practical ways you can amp up your podcast production and format
Resources I mentioned
- 2019 Infinite Dial
- GE’s The Message Podcast
- Stranger Things on Netflix
- The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
- Episode 123 with Nick Loper
- Episode 127 with Darla Powell
- The Turnaround Podcast
- The Retirement Answer Man – at www.RogerWhitney.com
Connect with me…