Have you noticed? iTunes has been having problems lately.
FULL SHOWNOTES FOUND AT:
It’s not JUST that it’s now supposed to be called “Apple Podcasts” – and we’re all strongly encouraged to make that change yesterday – even though Apple’s own systems still say “iTunes” in multiple places (even in some URLs).
There’s are many more iTunes problems going on.
This episode isn’t meant to be snarky – just informative. You need to know about issues relating to the Big-A so you can do what’s needed for YOUR podcast.
This episode I dig into the facts about recent issues and the best-practices I’ve learned (so far) regarding iTunes / Apple Podcasts
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [1:21] The is a multi-part episode within an episode. Don’t give up too soon
- [2:31] The switch from iTunes to Apple Podcasts: best-practices for podcasters
- [5:03] Show and episode titles: The ban-hammer is coming DOWN!
- [13:04] An example of the difficulty Apple’s naming policy causing
- [16:59] The iTunes/Apple Podcasts directory is not updating properly
- [21:50] Podcasts Connect exists and is very helpful to YOU
- [26:59] The glitchy nature of the iTunes apps: desktop and iOS
- [29:59] Why we indie podcasters owe a debt of gratitude to Apple
Our Podcast Consulting Services:
Download a new “Listen on Apple Podcasts button here:
Libsyn’s podcast: The Feed
My upcoming show: The Great American Roadshow
Watch for it! Or Listen for it! Or whatever!
Why iTunes is NOT a chart
The iTunes/Apple Podcast manipulation crisis (Article):
The Feed episode about the Overcasts Ad (1:15:00 – ish):
Check your iOS stats in depth on Podcasts Connect
Overview of how to use Podcasts Connect:
Apple’s own video about how to use Podcasts Connect:
Tunes partner resources
iTunes podcast marketing best practices