For a VERY long time Android users have not had a native podcasting app – and Google Podcasts is trying to make that problem a thing of the past.
I just hope these first steps that I’m going to tell you about in this episode/video are something they follow up on diligently.
My hopes for this episode and its accompanying video (find it here: https://youtu.be/Qt-kEOqp3sU) is that people who use Android devices and have never listened to podcasts before will begin to make use of Google Podcasts.
So stick around – I’m going to show you how to use Google Podcasts step by step – and give you my opinion of how it compares to the other podcast apps that have been around for a long time.
EVERYTHING COVERED ON THIS EPISODE
- [1:56] Get started with Google Podcasts via a Google search – look for the play buttons
- [2:53] What should you do if your show is not available in Google Podcasts?
- [3:20] Checking out the app for the first time – download from Google Play Store
- [6:41] Podcast recommendations in the app and how you can subscribe to them
- [7:45] Keyword searching in the app – it works somewhat… maybe
- [10:10] Subscribe to a podcast and tweak podcast settings using Google Podcasts
- [14:00] Text links don’t appear in the app – you need the http:// or https://
- [17:48] Is Google Podcasts an app worth trying?
- [19:06] Why is the icon not native on the home screen? It’s about the Android ecosystem
FEATURED ON THIS EPISODE
You can have Carey bring his 5+ years of multi-client experience to bear on YOUR podcast, to help you make the tweaks that make a difference. Check out the options and make your appointment now!
MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
- Search for your show in Google Podcasts – and find out how to get it included
- The Audacity to Podcast
- The Podcast Engineering School
- Give a shout to Zack Reneau-Wedeen, one of the head folks at Google Podcasts