One of the most common things you’ll hear podcasters ask is “How can I get more people to download my show?” That’s an O.K. question… if you’re into that sort of thing.
OK, I’m being a bit snarky here… downloads ARE important for a number of reasons. But my guest on this episode is not so concerned about downloads because he’s making bank in another way.
From selling stuff to his guests.
Casey Stubbs is a marketing guru (my words, he’s to humble to admit it). He’s figured out that what all marketers want is what podcasting has to offer.
You’ll benefit from listening to this episode if you…
- You offer a product or service that requires relationship building and marketing
- The power of relationships is not lost on you, and you know how to make the most of them
- You don’t like the obsession with download numbers and want to find another way
- It’s more important to you to build ongoing relationships than it is to draw a crowd
- You want to short-cut the marketing process and get right into sales
If you’re looking to monetize your podcast, THIS might be the way
Making money from sponsorships and such is not only difficult, it’s not very profitable.
But to do what Casey has done, you’ll have to have…
- A service or product that is specific and in demand
- The ability to locate potential guests who need EXACTLY what you have
- The ability to verfiy that they have the ability to pay for your service or product
If you can tick ALL of those boxes, you can follow what Casey has done and begin to generate revenue from your podcast without having to deal with advertisements or high-pressure sales tactics.
Listen to hear how Casey does it. He’s able to have natural, welcomed, powerful conversations with the very people who need what he has to offer. It’s ingenious.
It helps to have a number of things you can offer to guests to help with their business
During this conversation Casey makes a great point. He has been able to intrest every one of his guests so far in what he has to offer, because he has more than one thing to offer.
Some of his customers need traffic to their website or product page. Casey can provide it.
Some of them need to have marketing funnels and systems set up for them. Casey can provide that too.
When he’s able to offer so many things they legitimately need, it’s not too hard to sell them something.
And then there are opportunities for joint ventures that cost no money on either side, and great benefit comes to both Casey and his guest.
Listen to hear how it works.