No doubt, marketing and promotion of your podcast, with a goal toward growing your audience with the RIGHT listeners, is a very difficult task. I know because I get questions about it from clients all the time.
Are you struggling with the same issues? Dollars to donuts you are…
Jeremy Enns has made a study of successful podcasters VS not-so-successful podcasters and he’s found a handful of things those on the plus side of the equation are doing that the others are not — even though it looks like the same thing from the outside.
In this conversation, we cover all this stuff
- Jeremy’s first podcast – an R-rated, Local Ice Cream Review show… really
- Lessons learned from a co-hosted show (tech and intrapersonal)
- How Jeremy created his podcast business and began specializing in marketing
- 5 out of 10 clients were growing their shows effectively. Jeremy’s deep-dive
- Why you have to view the purpose of your podcast differently to be successful
- Jeremy’s view of marketing in general — and podcasting specifically
- What the successful 50% of Jeremy’s clients were actually doing
- Generative Marketing is Jeremy’s superpower — what IS it?
- A magic question: “What would make my show something you can’t wait to share?”
- Are you posting about your show on social in a way that is “me-me-me” centric?
- Providing value on social media even WITHOUT links back to your stuff (be generous)
- Think of your podcasting skill like that of learning a new instrument