Podcast monetization may be in your future. Even if you have a relatively small show. Really.
How it is possible? By using a friction-free platform that enables you to simply produce bonus content that is available to paid-members-only.
Sound like a pipe dream? It’s not. My guest on this episode, Jason Sew Hoy is leading a team that has created Supercast — THE WAY (in my humble opinion) for podcasters to build a membership by giving their audience more of what they already love: audio.
In this converation, Jason and I cover all these topics:
- The Supercast backstory – and why paid audio memberships are important
- Some of Supercast’s original creators make MILLIONS per year from memberships
- Is your podcast ready for a paid membership model?
- Supercast’s model shows how Howard Stern and Joe Rogan are getting ripped off!
- How average podcasters (300 downloads per ep) can make paid membership work
- What kind of “perks” can you offer your audience to incentivize subscriptions?
- Jason’s advice to those who wonder if they have adequate “value” to give to members
- The Candadaland success story
- Supercast works with any podcasting app your audience uses – easily
If you’re at all considering monetization you must, Must, MUST listen to this episode. It will not only provide you with food for thought about monetization in general and explain why private podcast feeds are an amazing opportunity, it will also give you lots of examples of how other podasters have succesfully done it, with large and small audiences alike.